Union Health Minister releases 3rd State Food Safety Index
- The index aims to galvanize States to work towards ensuring safe food for citizens and measure the performance of States across 5 parameters of food safety.
- Union Minister felicitated 9 leading States/UTs based on the ranking for the year 2020-21 for their impressive performance.
- He also flagged off 19 Mobile Food Testing Vans to supplement the food safety ecosystem taking the total number of such mobile testing vans to 109.
STATE FOOD SAFETY INDEX (SFSI)
- FSSAI has developed State Food Safety Index to measure the performance of states on various parameters of Food Safety.
- This index is based on performance of State/ UT on five significant parameters:
- Human Resources and Institutional Data,
- Food Testing – Infrastructure and Surveillance
- Training & Capacity Building
- Consumer Empowerment.
- The Index is a dynamic quantitative and qualitative benchmarking model that provides an objective framework for evaluating food safety across all States/UTs.