Supreme Court allows girls to write military college entrance exam in December
- Supreme Court has allowed girls to appear in the entrance examination scheduled for December 2021 for admission to the Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC).
- Recently, SC had asked the armed forces to allow women to write the National Defence Academy (NDA) entrance exam in November 2021 as well.
- Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC) is a military school for boys situated in Doon Valley, Dehradun in India.
- It was established in 1922.
- The RIMC is a feeder institution for the National Defence Academy, Indian Naval Academy and subsequently the Indian Armed Forces.