Solo woman motorcycle expedition
- The first-ever solo woman motorcycle expedition, organized by Border Roads Organisation (BRO), was flagged off by Shri Rajnath Singh from BRO Headquarters in New Delhi.
- Ms. Kanchan Ugursandi, a 29-year-old lady biker with 10 years and 21,000 km of riding experience, is undertaking the challenge to cover 3,187 km in 24 days.
- As part of the expedition, she will cross Umlingla Pass, the highest motorable pass at 19,301 feet in the world, built by BRO.
Border Roads Organisation(BRO)
- It is a road construction executive force in India that provides support to and is a part of the Indian Armed Forces.
- BRO develops and maintains road networks in India's border areas and friendly neighbouring countries.
- BRO is also tasked with maintaining this infrastructure including operations such as snow clearance.
- Formation: 7 May 1960
- Headquarter: Seema Sadak Bhawan, New Delhi
- Director-General: Lt. Gen. Rajeev Chaudhary
- Motto: Shramena Sarvam Sadhyam (everything is achievable through hard work)"