Smart Kitchen project'
- Kerala government has announced the introduction of a Smart Kitchen project, which is meant to modernise kitchens and ease the difficulty faced by homemakers in household chores.
- Under the scheme, KSFE would give soft loans to women from all walks of life for purchasing household gadgets or equipment.
About the scheme:
- To be implemented through the Kerala State Financial Enterprises (KSFE), a state-run chit fund and lending firm.
- The interest of the loan/cost would be equally shared among the beneficiary, local self-government body and the state government.
- The government believes that for better participation of women in labour, the burden on household chores has to be reduced.
- By enhancing mechanisation in kitchens, women participation in labour could be increased.