- WHO has approved the second Chinese vaccine "Sinovac" for emergency use in COVID-19.
- Last month Sinopharm became the first Chinese vaccine to be approved by the WHO.
- The listing paves the way for countries to quickly approve and import a vaccine for distribution, especially those states without an international-standard regulator of their own.
Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine,
- It is an inactivated virus COVID-19 vaccine developed by the Chinese company Sinovac Biotech.
- CoronaVac does not need to be frozen, and both the vaccine and raw material for formulating the new doses could be transported and refrigerated at 2–8 °C (36–46 °F).
- Target: SARS-CoV-2
- Vaccine type: Inactivated
- Trade name: CoronaVac
- Routes of administration: Intramuscular