Ratle Hydroelectric Power Corporation Limited
- NHPC Limited has formed a joint venture company, “Ratle Hydroelectric Power Corporation Limited” for the implementation of the 850 MW Ratle Hydroelectric Project.
- The JVC has been incorporated with NHPC and Jammu & Kashmir State Power Development Corporation Ltd (JKSPDC) holding equity share of 51% and 49% respectively.
Ratle Hydroelectric Project (850 MW), is a Run of River Scheme located on River Chenab, Kishtwar district, Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
In January 2021, the Union Cabinet has given its approval for the investment of Rs 5281.94 crore for the 850 MW Ratle Hydro Electric (HE) Project.
It shall be commissioned within a span of 5 years.
National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC) Limited
- It is an Indian government hydropower board under the ownership of the Ministry of Power, Government of India that was incorporated with an authorised capital of Rs 2000 million to plan, promote and organise an integrated and efficient development of hydroelectric power in all aspects.
- Later on NHPC expanded its objects to include other sources of energy like Solar, Geothermal, Tidal, Wind etc.
- At present, NHPC is a Mini Ratna Category-I Enterprise of the Govt. of India with an authorised share capital of Rs. 150,000 Million.
- With an investment base of over Rs. 387,180 Million Approx., NHPC is among the top ten companies in the country in terms of investment.
- Baira Suil Power station in Salooni Tehsil of Chamba district was the first project undertaken by NHPC.
- Founded: 1975
- Headquarter: Faridabad, Haryana
- Chairman & MD: Abhay Kumar Singh, IAS