Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana(PMRPY)
- More than 1.2 crores benefited under Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana.
- Government is implementing Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana (PMRPY) since 2016 with the objective to incentivise employers for creation of new employment and also aimed to bring informal workers to the formal workforce.
About The Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana(PMRPY)
- The scheme is implemented by the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
- It has been designed to incentivise employers for the generation of new employment.
- Under the scheme, the Government of India is paying the Employer’s contribution i.e. 12% for a period of three years to the new employees earning wages less than or equal to Rs. 15,000/- through EPFO.
- The beneficiaries registered up to 31st March 2019 will continue to receive the benefit for 3 years from the date of registration under the scheme i.e. up to 31st March 2022.
- The employer is incentivised for increasing the employment base of workers in the establishment.
- A large number of workers will find jobs in such establishments.
- A direct benefit is that these workers will have access to social security benefits of the organized sector
- It brings informal workers to the formal workforce."