New initiative under SATAT scheme
- Union Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan has launched a number of initiatives under the SATAT scheme.
- This included the signing of a Cooperation Agreement by Oil and Gas majors including Indian Oil, HPCL, BPCL, GAIL and IGL
- The Minister also laid the foundation stone of 5 upcoming Compressed Bio Gas (CBG) plants.
SATAT (Sustainable Alternative Towards Affordable Transportation)
- The scheme aims to set up Compressed Bio-Gas(CBG) production plants and make CBG available in the market for use as a green fuel.
- This scheme was launched on 1.10.2018, envisages targeting production of 15 MMT of CBG from 5000 plants by 2023.
- Besides the potential to boost the availability of more affordable transport fuels, the 5000 CBG plants will provide an investment of 1.75 lakh crore, an additional revenue source to farmers, and 75,000 direct job opportunities and lakhs of indirect jobs.