New CEO for Amazon appointed
- Jeff Bezos announced that Amazon executive Andy Jessie will take over as CEO from July 5.
- This day is chosen as exactly 27 years ago on this date in 1994 Amazon was incorporated.
- Jessie currently runs the company's cloud-computing business.
- It is an American multinational technology company that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence.
- It is one of the Big Five companies in the U.S. information technology industry, along with Google, Apple, Microsoft, and Facebook.
- The company has been referred to as "one of the most influential economic and cultural forces in the world", as well as the world's most valuable brand.
|Founded||July 5, 1994, Bellevue, Washington, U.S.|
|Headquarter||Seattle, Washington, U.S.|