NCSM-CSIR sign MoU to integrate Science & Culture
- National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) under the Ministry of Culture has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
- The MoU seeks to integrate culture with science.
Setting Up of Science Museums
- Under the MoU, science museums will be set up at select CSIR laboratories.
- The setting up of science museums will add to the popularity of science education, promote scientific curiosity and awareness among the common people across all sections of society.
Purpose of MoU
- The Government has been taking initiatives for the development of a culture of science in the country.
- Events like the pandemic have only stressed the need to be equipped with science and technology and create awareness of society for science and scientific thinking.
- India is promoting experience-based learning. Dr. Jitendra Singh reiterated that science-based, rational and progressive thinking should form the basis for development and to strengthen a science-based approach.
Aims of MoU
- To create a new chapter in the history of science communication and dissemination.
- MoU will connect NCSM and CSIR and its laboratories.
- The MoU also aims to promote a culture of science, technology, and innovation in the country