National Florence Nightingale Award awarded to S V Saraswati
- President Shri Ram Nath Kovind conferred Deputy Director General of Military Nursing Service Brig S V Saraswati with the National Florence Nightingale Award 2020.
- She was awarded for her immense contribution to the MNS as nurse administrator.
- National Florence Nightingale Award is the highest national distinction a nurse can achieve for selfless devotion and exceptional professionalism.
- She hails from Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh and was commissioned in to the MNS on December 28, 1983.
- She has served in the MNS for more than three and half decades, especially in perioperative nursing.
- As a renowned operation theatre nurse, she has assisted in more than 3,000 lifesaving and emergency surgeries and has trained residents, operation room nursing trainees and auxiliary staff in her career.
- She has prepared patient teaching materials and improvised drape kits and suture packing for cardiac surgeries.
- She has conducted various outreach activities for the troops and has trained more than thousand soldiers and families in basic life support.
- She has rendered her services at various pan-India army hospitals and United Nations Peace Keeping Forces at Congo.
- Awards: General Officer Commanding-in-Chief Commendation (2005), United Nations Medal (MONOC) (2007) and Chief of the Army Staff Commendation (2015).