Model Citizen Charter for Panchayats
- It has been prepared by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR) in collaboration with the National Institute of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR).
- It is a framework for delivery of the services across the 29 sectors, aligning actions with localised Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Aim of Establishing a Citizen Charter Is to Provide Services to the People in a Time Bound Manner, Redressing Their Grievances and Improving Their Lives.
It is expected that the Panchayats will utilize this framework to draw up a Citizens Charter and adopt it through a resolution of the Gram Sabha by 15th August 2021.
Panchayats are responsible for the delivery of basic services as enshrined under article 243G of the Constitution of India, specifically in the areas of Health & Sanitation, Education, Nutrition, Drinking Water.
National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRD&PR)
- It is a premier national center of excellence in rural development and Panchayati Raj.
- It builds capacities of rural development functionaries, elected representatives of PRIs, bankers, NGOs, and other stakeholders
- Location: Hyderabad, Telangana.