Launch of ‘NIDHI 2.0’ & ‘India Tourism Statistics-2021’
- Ministry of Tourism is organizing an event to celebrate “World Tourism Day 2021” on 27th September 2021 in New Delhi.
- The day has been designated by the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) as a day to focus on “Tourism for Inclusive Growth”.
- An MoU is proposed to be signed between Ministry of Tourism, United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and The Responsible Tourism Society of India (RTSOI).
National Integrated Database of Hospitality Industry (NIDHI):
- It aims to get a clear picture of the geographical spread of the Hospitality Sector, its size, structure and existing capacity.
- It will serve as a common repository of data from Ministry of Tourism, State Departments of Tourism and Industry and enable the Central and State Governments to deliver better support and services including policies and strategies
- Registration with NIDHI ensures electronic delivery of various services and benefits to the hospitality unit.
- It also serve as a platform for the Hospitality organisations to ideate, share best practices and connect with the Government for ease of doing business.