International Tropical Timber Council concludes with major decisions, including its extension
- The 59th International Tropical Timber Council (ITTC), concluded on November 17, 2023.
- The countries agreed to endorse eight projects related to sustainable forest management and related objectives.
- The session also approved and adopted a budget of $7.1 million for the coming financial year 2024-25.
- Members who have fallen behind on their financial contributions are ineligible
- They will be allowed to submit one project and concept note for every two years of arrears paid
International Tropical Timber Council
- It is the governing body of the International Tropical Timber Organisation (ITTO).
- It meets at least once a year to discuss a wide-ranging agenda
- It aimed at promoting sustainable tropical forest management and the trade of sustainably produced tropical timber.
- International Tropical Timber Organisation (ITTO).