Institutions like HBTU should inculcate spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship
- Recently, the President addressed the centenary celebrations of the Harcourt Butler Technical University in Kanpur.
- Institutions like HBTU should inculcate spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship in their students, said the President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind.
- The HBTU has been recognized for its contribution in the fields of oil, paint, plastic and food technologies.
- The technology and human resources provided by HBTU has been instrumental behind the fame of Kanpur as 'Manchester of the East', 'Leather City of the World' and 'Industrial Hub'.
About th president Address:
- Harcourt Butler Technical University (HBTU) is a premier State Technical University in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- The HBTU was named after Sir Spencer Harcourt Butler, Governor of the United Provinces in British India.
- Its programs have been conferred in autonomous status under the university.
- Sir Spencer Harcourt Butler (1 August 1869 – 2 March 1938) was an officer of the Indian Civil Service who was the leading British official in Burma for much of his career, serving as Lieutenant-Governor (1915-17 and 1922-23) and later Governor of Burma (1923-27).
- He also served as Lieutenant Governor of the United Provinces of Agra and Oudh from 1918 to 1921 and later was the first governor of United Provinces of Agra and Oudh from 1921 to 1922.