India to make digital maps of all villages
- India is planning to prepare digital maps of all its 6,00,000 villages and pan-India 3D maps for 100 cities.
What is SVAMITVA Scheme?
- SVAMITVA stands for Survey of Villages and Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas.
- The latest surveying technology such as drones will be used for measuring the inhabited land in villages and rural areas.
- Authorities Collabrating: The Survey of India, State Revenue Department and State Panchayati Raj Department under the Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
- The drones will draw the digital map of every property falling in the geographical limit of each Indian village.
- Property Cards will be prepared and given to the respective owners.
- Leveraging property as a financial asset by the citizens of rural India
- Creation of accurate land records for rural planning
- Provide an integrated property validation solution for rural India
- Serve as a means of reduction in property-related disputes Facilitate with the determination of property tax
- Creation of survey infrastructure and GIS (Geographic Information System) maps that can be used by any department or agency
Features of the Scheme
- Accurate survey: SVAMITVA Scheme uses the combination of Survey Grade Drones and CORS network (Continuously Operated Reference Stations) to accurately survey large areas in a very short span of time.
- High resolution: The 1:500 scale maps generated through the drone survey are of very high accuracy i.e., 3-5 cms, which the conventional methodology does not provide.
- Geo-tagging: Moreover, editable and geo-tagged maps are produced at a fraction of the cost without the need for line-of-sight.
- Permanent records: These maps facilitate the creation of the most durable record of property holdings in areas with no legacy revenue records.
What are the updated guidelines?
- To help private companies to prepare a variety of maps without needing approvals from a host of ministries.
- Make use of Drones easier and develop applications via location mapping.
- It encompasses the trinity of geospatial Systems, Drone Policy and unlocked Space Sector will be the hallmark of India’s future economic progress.