India clocks $100 billion in quarterly exports for the first time
- India clocked a total of $101.89 billion in exports during July-September quarter (FY20-21).
- With exports from India touching $197 billion in the first 6 months of the current financial year.
- The government has set a target of $400 billion in exports for the financial year.
- The top 10 major commodity groups, covering over 80 per cent of total exports, have shown positive growth in September 2021 over the corresponding month of last year.
- In a major boost to export prospects of agricultural produce, India has achieved significant growth of 21.8 per cent in the export of agricultural and processed food products in April-August 2021-22 over the corresponding period of 2020-21.