IIT Ropar develops "AmbiTAG"
- IIT Ropar has developed a first-of-its-kind IoT device – AmbiTag that records real-time ambient temperature during the transportation of perishable products, vaccines and even body organs and blood.
- Shaped like a USB device, It continuously records the temperature of its immediate surroundings “from -40 to +80 degrees in any time zone for a full 90 days on a single charge.
- The recorded temperature further helps to know whether that particular item transported from anywhere in the world is still usable or perished because of temperature variation.
- This information is particularly critical for vaccines including the Covid-19 vaccine, organs and blood transportation.
- Most of the similar devices available in the international market record data only for a duration of 30- 60 days
- Besides perishable items including vegetables, meat and dairy products it can also monitor the temperature of animal semen during transit.