Horticulture Cluster Development Program
- To ensure holistic growth of horticulture, the Union Minister of Agriculture has launched this central sector programme.
- This programme will benefit about 10 lakh farmers and is expected to attract an investment of Rs. 10,000 crore when implemented in all the 53 clusters.
- The programme aims at growing and developing identified horticulture clusters to make them globally competitive.
- It will be implemented by the National Horticulture Board (NHB) of the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare.
- This programme will address all major issues related to the Indian horticulture sector including pre-production, production, post-harvest management, logistics, marketing and branding.
- The pilot phase of this programme will be implemented in 12 horticulture clusters covering 11 States/UTs out of the 53 total clusters selected for this programme.