Green zone sites approved for NPNT
- Ministry of Civil Aviation has granted permission of “No-Permission-No-Takeoff' (NPNT) compliant drone operations at 166 additional green zones to facilitate, smoothen, and promote drone operations in the country.
- The approved sites allow drone usage up to 400 ft Above Ground Level (AGL).
- These zones are in addition to the Sixty-Six green zone sites approved earlier.
- As per DGCA, under “NPNT or ‘No Permission – No Take-off’ compliance, every Remotely Piloted Aircraft (except Nano) has to obtain valid permission through the Digital Sky platform before operating in India.
- The framework mandates users to register on the online portal that acts as the national unmanned traffic management system for remotely piloted aircraft.
- Flying in these approved ‘green zones’ will require only intimation of the time and location of the flights via the Digital Sky portal or the app.