Govt renames Ayushman PHCs as Arogya Mandirs
- The government has decided to rename the Ayushman Bharat-Health and Wellness Centres as 'Ayushman Arogya Mandir'
- the Union Health Ministry has sent a letter to the states and Union territories to implement the rebranding exercise by end of this year, according to official sources.
- The ministry has asked states to upload photographs of rebranded primary health facilities on the Ayushman Bharat-Health and Wellness Centres (AB-HWC) portal.
- It has underlined that the National Health Mission (NHM) logo is to be retained in the rebranded centres
- The rebranded AB-HWCs will also have a new tagline -'Arogyam Parmam Dhanam'.
- The new name 'Ayushman Arogya Mandir' and the tagline 'Arogyam Paraman Dhanam' should replace the existing title 'Ayushman Bharat - Health and Wellness Centre' across all operationalised AB-HWCs, the letter said.
- After the centres complete the rebranding, states are required to upload new photographs of primary health facilities with the new name on the AB-HWC portal.
- Under the Government of India's flagship Ayushman Bharat Yojana, more than 1.6 lakhs AB- HWCs have been successfully established across states and UTs
- AB-HWC aims to provide comprehensive primary healthcare, including both maternal and child health services,
- free essential drugs and diagnostic services close to people's homes through AB-HWCs.
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana