Dynamatic Technologies bags contract from Boeing
- Bengaluru-headquartered Dynamatic Technologies has been awarded a contract for delivery of tools for the Boeing-Saab T-7A Red Hawk program.
- The tools are for static and fatigue testing of the control surfaces of the Red Hawk program.
- The T-7A Red Hawk is an all-new advanced pilot-training system designed for the US air force that would train the next generation of fighter and bomber pilots.
Boeing's deepening relationship with India
- Indicating its commitment to this partnership, Boeing informed about working relation with about 160 firms in 2017, which has grown to 200 in 2020 and 275 in 2021.
- This year about 26% of the companies with which Boeing is working have been identified as Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
Employment to thousands
- There has also been a marked increase in the number of employees of companies working directly or indirectly with Boeing in India.
- Boeing reported that it employs 3,000 people in India, and more than 7,000 people are employed by working with its supply chain companies.
Boost from Make in India
- Boeing reported that it imports the equivalent of about USD 1 billion from India's commercial and defense aerospace industry sectors.
- Before the launch of 'Make in India' campaign in 2014, this import was just $225 million, which has now increased nearly five times.