Delhi government’s HIMS project gets Cabinet go-ahead
- The Delhi Cabinet gave financial nod to its ambitious Health Information Management System (HIMS) project.
- As part of the project, each citizen will have a health card, which will be a repository of their medical information.
- The government said doctors will be able to see a patient’s medical history using the card and the patients will be able to make appointments from home.
- The health card will act as a unique health identifier for each individual through which everything from their medical history to appointment dates can be accessed.
- All citizens between 1 and 18 years would be issued a health card linked to their parent’s health card. All newborns (up to 1 year) would be linked to their mother’s health card.
- It would benefit about 40 lakh non-PDS beneficiaries in Delhi.