Central Govt. to deliberate on the framework of the Community Kitchens Scheme
- Centre has constituted a "Group of Food Secretaries" from States along with Senior officers of Central Govt to deliberate on the framework of the Community Kitchens Scheme.
- As per Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Textiles and Commerce & Industry Community Kitchens scheme needs to be prepared- which is simple, transparent and in the benefit of people.
- The scheme would show empathy towards poor of the country and should ensure collective resolve to run successful and transparent food programmes to ensure proper nutrition to children.
About the Scheme :
- Community Kitchen will be of the community, run by the community & for the welfare of the community.
- The Group of Food Secretaries include Food Secretaries from 8 states of Kerala, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Assam, Bihar, West Bengal and Madhya Pradesh. The Food Secretary of Madhya Pradesh will be heading the Group.
- It is built on 4 pillars of Quality, Hygiene, Reliability & Spirit of Service. It will help us realize the goal that no one Sleeps Hungry
- It will help in the fulfilment of the scheme #HarGharAnn.
- It should be our resolve that quality food grain should reach the deserving beneficiaries in all parts of the country on the basis of need for focused and identified set of people who are vulnerable especially women and children including homeless, slum dwellers, workers on industrial and construction sites.