Central Athlete Injury Management System (CAIMS)
- Kiren Rijiju has launched the Central Athlete Injury Management System (CAIMS) for streamlining the sports medicine and rehabilitation support offered to the athletes.
- It aims to provide the best of sports injury management support nearest to the athlete’s geographical location.
- It is a first-of-its-kind initiative by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- CAIMS will help to standardize appropriate injury treatment protocol for athletes across the country.
- It will start with support for athletes who are a part of the Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) development group expected to participate in 2024 and beyond.
- CAIMS will have the following four structures: Athlete Wellness Cell, On-Field Sports Medicine Experts, National Resource Referral Teams and a Central Core Team
- The core committee of CAIMS includes eminent top of the line experts such as Dr SKS Marya, Dr Dinshaw Pardiwala, Dr BV Srinivas and Shrikant Iyengar.