CBI Director in Interpol’s Asia’s Panel
- Interpol is an international police organisation.
- Praveen Sinha, the Special Director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), was recently elected to the Executive Committee as a Delegate for Asia.
- The elections took place at the 89th Interpol General Assembly, which is now taking place in Istanbul.
The Interpol Executive Committee
- The Interpol President, two Vice-Presidents, and nine Delegates make up the Executive Committee, which is made up of 13 people from various nations.
- It is in charge of ensuring that the decisions of the Interpol General Assembly are carried out, as well as the administration and operations of the General Secretariat.
- It meets three times a year to define policy and direction for the organisation.
What exactly is Interpol?
- Interpol, or the International Criminal Police Organisation, is a 194-nation international organisation.
- Headquarter: Lyon, France.
- Interpol was founded in 1923 as the International Criminal Police Commission and renamed Interpol in 1956.
- India is one of the organization's oldest members, having joined in 1949.
Interpol's stated worldwide policing objectives
- Global border integrity,
- The protection of vulnerable populations,
- A safe internet for people and enterprises,
- The suppression of illegal markets,
- Environmental security, and global integrity are all priorities.
- Red Notice: Wanted Persons
- Yellow Notice: Missing Persons
- Black Notice: Unidentified Bodies
- Orange Notice: imminent threat
- Purple Notice: Modus Operandi
- Blue Notice:Additional information
- Green Notice: Warning and Intelligence
- Interpol-unsc- Special Notice: Groups and individual Subject to UNSC sanctions
What is the General Assembly of Interpol?
- It is Interpol's highest governing body, including representation from all of the organization's member nations.
- It meets once a year for a four-day session to discuss and vote on activities and policy.
- At the Assembly, each country is represented by one or more delegates, who are usually law enforcement heads.
- The Interpol Executive Committee, which ""provides advice and direction in between sessions of the Assembly,"" is likewise elected by the Assembly.