Ayushman Bharat Scheme:
- Launched on September 2018
- To achieve the vision of universal health coverage.
- It includes two interrelated components: (a) Health and Wellness Centre (HWCs) (b) Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY)
- HWCs are aimed at improving access to cheap and quality healthcare services at the primary level.
- PM-JAY covers the financial protection for availing healthcare services at the secondary and tertiary levels.
- world’s largest health insurance/ assurance scheme fully financed by the government.
- provides cover of 5 lakhs per family per year, for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization across public and private empaneled hospitals in India.
- Coverage: approx 50 Cr Citizens (Over 10.74 crore poor and vulnerable families)
- no cap on family size and age under the scheme,
- cashless treatment from any empanelled hospital (both Public and Private) anywhere in the country.