Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission to be launched today
- Prime Minister will launch the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission today on third anniversary of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY).
- The pilot project of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission had been announced by the Prime Minister from the ramparts of Red Fort on 15th August, 2020.
- Currently, the Mission is being implemented in pilot phase in six Union Territories.
Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
- The mission will create a seamless online platform through the provision of a wide-range of data, information and infrastructure services, duly leveraging open, interoperable, standards-based digital systems.
- It will enable access and exchange of longitudinal health records of citizens with their consent.
Key components of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
- Health ID for every citizen that will also work as their health account, to which personal health records can be linked and viewed with the help of a mobile application.
- Healthcare Professionals Registry (HPR) and Healthcare Facilities Registries (HFR) that will act as a repository of all healthcare providers across both modern and traditional systems of medicine.
Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission Sandbox
- It has been created as a part of the Mission and will act as a framework for technology and product testing.
- This will help organizations become a Health Information Provider or Health Information User or efficiently link with building blocks of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission.
Significance of Mission
- The Mission will create interoperability within the digital health ecosystem, similar to the role played by the Unified Payments Interface in revolutionizing payments.
- Citizens will only be a click-away from accessing healthcare facilities.