Army chief observes military exercise 'Dakshin Shakti' in Jaisalmer
- Exercise "Dakshin Shakti" was conducted by the Southern Command of Indian Army with an aim to ensure integrated application of forces in multi-domain operations and uphold the nation’s military aims over the entire spectrum of conflict.
About the Exercise:
- The exercise began on November 20, 2021 in the deserts of Jaisalmer and will concluded on November 26, 2021.
- T-72, T-90 as well as Vijayanta tanks of the Army and the IAF's Dhruv and Rudha helicopters, and the Jaguar fighter aircraft participated in the joint exercise.
- The drill aims to establish the best coordination among the wings of the armed forces, space technology and artificial intelligence.
- This manoeuvre differs from the others in several ways. This exercise also featured the Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, BSF, as well as local administration and police. Intelligence operations were also practised during this time.